Window decoration is an important parameter that allows not only to make windows more durable,…
Decorative design of windows on the facade of the building is an important issue, which is worth a detailed examination. The exterior of the house can be compared with a person, but a window with a reflection of its internal state, the owner’s relationship to personal property.
Casing on windows, photo
Make the building more attractive to others with the help of platbands. They are able to transform windows, give them a new style and, in addition, protect against the influence of external factors. The main thing is to choose quality window frames and their design.
Why use window frames for windows
The casing is made of a material that is designed to frame the window. In the thickness of the clypeus is about 3-4 cm, so it will slightly bulge to create aesthetics of the facade. Also, such a bar is able to close all kinds of gaps that form between the window box and the window plane. The platen does not allow precipitation, temperature and pressure to enter the room. With the help of this element it is possible to reduce the noise level in the house, to prevent the development of mold and fungus in the window area. Clypeus is installed and for thermal insulation, so they retain heat inside the room.
What are the types of window frames?
Platbands are divided by types depending on the type of installation:
The invoice format. They are used to hide gaps between the wall surface and the window itself.
Telescopic format. In comparison with the above variant, here are present, so-called wings, which allow the clypeus to be fixed more tightly inside the seam.
An interesting fact: the casings are not only figured, but also flat, rounded.
Material for the manufacture of window frames
- Natural wood. This material will appeal to every connoisseur of the classics. Visually decorative facing will emphasize the nobility and luxury of the facade, will give it a finished touch.
- MDF. The material has a fibrous structure of wood chips and dust. Such platbands are outwardly made out with paper or lacquer veneer to give aesthetics and protective qualities.
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC). They are usually installed on double-glazed windows. A wide variety of colors is available, so these platbands will fit stylishly under the format of siding, plaster.
- Polyurethane. Optimum format for window systems of rounded shape. Due to the high practicality, wide application and ease of maintenance, these casing materials are widely used in everyday life.
- Casing made of metal. Metal galvanized sheets are coated with anti-corrosion paint.