Window decoration outside the house is an important procedure that allows you to create not only an aesthetic exterior, but also protect it from external factors. Finishing materials must have excellent moisture resistance and low hygroscopicity. This is necessary in order that there is no destruction of the cladding.
Outside Trim Around Windows
In warm seasons, there is enough rainfall that can accumulate in the structure of the material, in winter the water can crystallize, thereby destroying the rock. The cladding should be resistant to weather conditions, be made of a stable composition. The choice of a material that is not resistant to dampness is possible in the event that a sufficient level of ventilation is provided in the room.
TYPE 7-1: Outside Window Trim Molding
TYPE 7-2: Outside Window Trim Ideas For Houses
TYPE 7-3: Outside Window Frame
TYPE 7-4: Outside Window Trim Pictures
Popular materials for Outside Window Casing
- Plaster, putty from the cement composition.
- Steel plates covered with protective polymer paint. This format is used on window openings as stone, concrete walls, and on wooden houses.
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Plastic plates are very practical to use, easy to install.
- Casing made of wood. They are used for registration of slopes from a log house and are installed flush.
- Natural or artificial stone, tiles.
- How the window is made with plastic
First of all, it is necessary to make slopes to the desired size. The workpieces are treated with a foam compound, and then are screwed to the window. Next, you need to fill the seams with a sealant, which prevents moisture from flowing inside and drafts. If you want to achieve better fixing of the liner, then use strong dowels with screws.
Specialists recommend the use of a sanitary sealant. It is he who can exclude the development of fungus and mold. Slopes should be primed with primer in advance. Thanks to this sealant and foam, it is much better to keep the clutch.
Molding Around Outside Windows
After you have completed the priming of the walls, you should attach the tile or masonry to the frost-resistant adhesive. It is also possible to use a sealant on a silicone base, which is dotted over the whole plane of the decorative workpiece. Rubbing the seams is an epoxy or silicone base.
Outside Window Molding Styles
Casing made of wood should be impregnated with a protective agent, which prolongs the life of the material. Copper nails without hats are used to fasten the clypees to the window frame. To do this, use a punching machine, instead of a conventional hammer, which can visually damage the structure of the wood.
- Outside Trim Around Windows
- TYPE 7-1: Outside Window Trim Molding
- TYPE 7-2: Outside Window Trim Ideas For Houses
- TYPE 7-3: Outside Window Frame
- TYPE 7-4: Outside Window Trim Pictures
- Popular materials for Outside Window Casing
- Molding Around Outside Windows
- Outside Window Molding Styles