The decision about what will be the decorative facade of the house is often made at the design stage. After all, it should be borne in mind that a good finish of the facade not only makes the building attractive but also warms it, and protects against moisture penetration and temperature changes.
To face was durable and not covered with mold in a year, you need to seriously consider the choice of material. Today the market offers a huge selection of such products.
TYPES OF MATERIALS FOR FINISHING FACADE
Decorating the facade with decorative plaster is the most popular option, the demand for which is largely due to its versatility. Decorative plaster can be used for cladding any building, it will always look appropriate.
- decorative plaster for exterior facades is often sold separately from fillers, so you can determine the structure and shade of the surface;
- resistance to mechanical stress;
- this coating is applied to any surface, be it wood, brick, or metal;
- decorative plaster can be mixed with other lining materials, using cool design solutions.
- high price;
- the process of applying such plaster requires a special skill;
- the complexity of dismantling.
Decorating the walls of the facade with decorative plaster is far from the only opportunity to make the exterior of your home attractive. The decorative facing of the walls of the facade can be made of different types of siding: metal, vinyl, wood, and others. Vinyl is most often used, let’s talk about its advantages and disadvantages.
- nice price;
- esthetic appearance;
- resistance to corrosion, as well as temperature and high humidity.
- does not provide wall insulation;
- upon contact with the flame melts quickly;
- it is impossible to dismantle only part of the siding, if necessary, you will need to change the entire wall.
Many people prefer to make a decorative stone facing because of the large selection of colors and textures. Consider the pros and cons of this material.
- resistance to humidity and temperature extremes;
- the lifetime is calculated for decades;
- it is rather simple to make the installation of an artificial stone, for this purpose elements of small mass and format are used;
- low cost;
- difficult to distinguish from natural stone.
- artificial material is less durable than real;
- Some types of decorative stones are sensitive to chemicals.
Decorating the facade with a decorative stone can be a great idea if you want to make the lining quickly and without the help of craftsmen. It should be from the very beginning to determine the type of material. After all, now the companies offer to finish the facade with the use of porcelain stoneware, agglomerates, as well as artificial stone from colored concrete.
For finishing the facade of the house not used ordinary building bricks, but a special decorative material. The sale of many companies represented a large variety of facing bricks, the differences are in color and texture.
There are four main types of decorative bricks: clinker, ceramic, hyperpressed, and silicate. Here are highlighted the general advantages and disadvantages of such a material as a lining.
- a large range of prices – you can choose a very inexpensive brick and a rather luxurious option with a high cost;
- excellent strength;
- special care is not required – the facade of the house will be sufficiently washed with water;
- a huge selection of shapes and colors;
- environmental friendliness;
- resistance to aggressive chemicals.
- not always accurate geometry;
- a large enough weight of each brick, because of what the installation can not be called a simple process;
- ceramic brick has a high level of water absorption, as a result of which the frost resistance of products is reduced.
It is necessary to choose the facing material for the facade, taking into account the climatic features of your region, the style of the building as a whole, the material from which the walls are made, as well as your preferences.
Decorating facades with decorative bricks is almost a universal option because each type of material has specific properties.
NUANCES IN THE CHOICE OF FINISHES OF THE FACADE
HOW MUCH MONEY ARE YOU READY TO SPEND?
Are you going to change the facing of your home? In this case, you need to consider the cost of both materials and installation. In most cases, decorative facade decoration requires the hands of the master. The price of the work of professionals themselves, as a rule, differs depending on the material with which to work.
Another category of expenses that should be considered is maintenance. For example, wood-trimmed walls require fairly frequent maintenance. They may be covered with dark spots or drips, and here the weather conditions play a greater role than the quality of the material. In such a situation, it is necessary to order the services of a company that will cover the facade with oil or finds some other way out of the situation. All this can cost a fairly large amount.
WHAT TYPE OF EXTERIOR FINISH DO YOU CHOOSE?
Creating a facade facing involves the use of individual elements. Much depends on whether you decide to design the walls of an already built house or you want to implement your ideas in the process of building a building. There are three main types of design exterior walls of the house:
This includes all parts of the facade that are cast from gypsum or cement directly to the construction site. Finishing the facade of the house with decorative plaster in this case becomes an integral part of the structure, that is, remains forever.
IN WHAT STYLE IS THE FACADE TO BE COMPLETED?
All materials listed in the article for facing can be used in both cases. Decorative plaster is used for exterior wall facades, as well as for interior decoration of the house. Using it in both cases, you will be able to create both a single style and the basic color scheme of your house.
More Types of Exterior Wall Finishes
- TYPES OF MATERIALS FOR FINISHING FACADE
- NUANCES IN THE CHOICE OF FINISHES OF THE FACADE
- More Types of Exterior Wall Finishes