The design of the facade is important, because the overall look of the house depends on the quality of the work and the chosen design. Painting stucco involves the use of a wide palette of colors. Depending on the requests of the owner, it is possible to use basic shades, and to provide for their combination.
The main requirement is that the color type of the facing should harmoniously look with the roof and the surrounding objects. The color of the stucco is not limited to the basic colors, such as gray, brown, blue, white – many other shades are available for sale, which can create an individual image of the structure.
Best and Most Popular Stucco Paint Colors and Textures For Homes: Palette, Combinations and Photo Gallery
The exterior of the house is usually designed according to the taste preferences of the owner, so the main focus is on the originally chosen style. Decorative stucco is distinguished by its individual texture, so before choosing a color solution, you should decide on its format. Facade decoration is presented in the following directions:
- The effect of old walls. Most often, the walls are painted gold, silver or copper paint, and the upper part remains white and unprocessed. This design is used in the antique, modern style.
- Craquelure. The presence of decorative cracks visually creates an attractive composition that will look stylish in pastel and bright colors.
- Smooth. The most traditional type, which has a restrained format. The owner can choose any color, depending on their preferences.
- Rough with an abstract pattern. The interior should be a few tones darker to create visual volume. The outer side is artificially erased for clarification.
- Pearl silk effect. This style prevails in the interior of the rooms, but it can also be found in the external facing of the cottages. Delicate texture will look best with fresh and pastel shades.
- With deep relief. The surface has a chaotic structure. Making such a wall is a whole art, because you want to use light and warm shades together. It is best to select natural palettes.
- Fur coat. Today you can find the most exotic shades – from orange to lilac.
- Small mineral crumb. Such a format can not be painted at all, but covered with a colorless varnish texture for protection and visual shine.
Stucco Colors for Houses Exterior by Styles
You might think that painting stucco is a simple choice that does not require a special approach, because “choose a color that you like and enjoy the result.” But it is not so! The palette directly depends on the chosen style in which a house or another institution is built. Facing the facade of the house according to experts is divided into the following categories:
- Provence. The predominance of light pink, blue, milky, as well as lavender and mint. The main focus is on tenderness and freshness, which is inherent in the French style in the design of the house.
- Hi-tech – the use of black, white, metallic, and gray. The ultramodern style has a restrained and concise design. It is recommended to select a smooth and smooth stucco .
- Baroque – absolutely all pastel and warm colors, especially gold. The main task is to emphasize luxury, which is filled with baroque style.
- Eco – the color of the lawn, greenery, swamp. Naturalness and no bright and unnatural shades are welcomed.
- Classic – white color is a must, as in classical architecture, the foundation is made of gypsum. Elements of the walls can be painted in white, and the rest – in gray, brick, blue, sand, yellow.
- Modern – it is best to choose brown, green, blue shades.
- Minimalism – white and black colors, as well as their shades, will be a win-win option. You can add composition with pastel tones.
- Futurism – designers recommend choosing lemon, white, black, ultramarine shades.
- Country – the presence of brown, sandy, yellowish will ideally emphasize rural themes.
- Loft – here freedom is available in the works. The use of orange, red, blue, green looks the most successful.
Exterior Color Combinations for Stucco Houses
There are also other stylistic trends, but these are the main ones from which it is worth repelling. Selected shades will best emphasize the architecture of the object, harmoniously look with the surrounding space.
Best Exterior Paint Colors for Stucco – Color Chart
How to decorate the facade of the house, if you do not know what color to choose? In order not to get confused in hundreds of shades from light ash to mustard, all colors should be combined into groups by association. For your convenience, samples are attached to each category, which can be used for further wall decoration:
Sand. The color of the stucco starts from light gray to orange. Natural sand shades also include dull yellow, pinkish, and peach.
Water. In this category, you can meet blue, blue, navy blue, greyish blue, azure. This is the most limited palette, but it is often chosen for the design of modern homes.
Land. The main focus is on shades of red, brown, purple. Gray is also present in this group. Shades of clay, rocks, sunset color – such formats visually emphasize the architecture of the house.
Forest. Aesthetics of green color is expressed in many interpretations. From light green and light green to mint, ultramarine, pale green, marsh. Gray is also present in several formats, as it forms the basis of each color category.
BEIGE EXTERIOR STUCCO PAINT COLORS
Painting the stucco in beige color in the opinion of many looks quite boring and monotonous. But this is not at all the case, because besides the standard cream one, the following shades are present in this palette:
- Gray beige. The predominance of gray and pastel in the design of the facade looks trouble-free, because such a composition combines the classics and the modern approach.
- Neutral beige. The most traditional choice for those who love beige color in all its manifestations.
- Lilac-beige – addition of a lilac shade gives a saturated flower shade.
- Brownish beige – it looks very natural and calm compared to other bright undertones.
- Pink beige – is a compromise between pink and pastel tones.
- Green and beige – it looks very natural against the background of the surrounding landscapes.
- Yellow-beige – dominated sand and earth tone.
- Peach beige – gentle and moderately saturated.
- Orange-beige – bright, warm and rich.
Tan Stucco Colors – Shades of Yellow
The colors of the facades in yellow have always been associated with brightness, sun, southern regions and everything that looks cheerful.
Today, not only the pure yellow color, but also its dark and light shades are presented for sale for painting facades.
To create a new type of yellow, green, red is additionally built in, so the colorists get orange, gold, mustard, as well as dull yellow or corn, “dirty” yellow or khaki.
The predominance of the main shade over the secondary allows you to create more approximate formats to pure yellow.
So that the decoration of the facade of the house does not look too bright, you should choose quieter shades like saffron, mustard, old gold, which you can see in the photo.
Orange Stucco House Paint Colors
The orange color of the stucco personifies the heat, so this format will definitely make the house more visible against the background of the surrounding space and visually pleasing.
In addition to the well-known colors of “pumpkin”, “orange” and “carrot”, the shade of mahogany, coral, peach, salmon, bronze, and terracotta are also provided.
Mediterranean Stucco House Colors
Orange can be divided into categories:
- Main. From “international orange” to tangerine. Saturation is more than 50%.
- Light coloured. A subtle shade of orange or its almost complete dissolution in white and pastel. Saturation about 20%.
- Dark. Very rich tones closer to the land and wood, which are close to brown.
PASTEL EXTERIOR PAINT COLORS FOR STUCCO HOUSES
The pastel colors of the facades are distinguished by a variety of soothing shades. Each individual color is present in the pastel group, but in a more faded form. This category is divided into cold and warm tones, so the user can choose the direction of the future design.
Pastel colors should be chosen as a compromise between bright and calm. Green will accentuate the naturalness of the surrounding landscape, yellow and orange will fill the structure with light and warmth, and pink will give contrast and romanticism. As for the blue and blue shades, they look fresh in all the proposed positions.
Violet – Popular Stucco House Colors
The purple color of the stucco is the juxtaposition of a yellow hue. This choice emphasizes artistry, calm, sensuality of its owner. Saturated tone will balance the entire architecture of the building, due to the combination of warm, dark and bright shades in one.
The classic “representative” of purple is the plum tree, which stands next to the blue palette. The lightest heliotrope associated with natural floral themes is considered the lightest. Often with the help of violet color some part of the wall is combined with gray, white, pastel.
Pink – Best Paint Colors for a Stucco House Exterior
Despite its romanticism and sensuality, pink is considered to be a neutral shade in the design of the facade. Painting stucco pink will achieve a balanced saturation, if the owner does not dare to brighter colors. Choosing a pink one does not mean that the object will be similar to the “Barbie house”.
Such color solution is skillfully combined with gray, white, black, pastel, which makes it universal in the arsenal of any colorist. The main thing is not to combine pink with reddish, lilac tones, otherwise the walls will lose their intended gloss.
Green Stucco Colors
No wonder green is considered the color of nature, which favorably affects the moral and psychological state. Greens are visually perceived as calm and solitude with nature, therefore many designers recommend adding at least a green shade to the design of the facade.
The facade of the house in green is divided into positions:
- Malachite – saturated herbal.
- Green meadow – classic warm.
- Spring – a combination of mint and blue.
- Green and forest green are almost identical and the difference is one tone.
- Do not confuse the sea green and jade, as we can see in the photo – each of them is individual.
- Calm subdivision of greenery opens apple and mint.
- As for olive, camouflage, khaki, asparagus, these colors are the result of the addition of gray, brown.
Neutral Stucco Colors
Grey Smooth Stucco Colors – Modern Shades
Gray stucco painting is a universal format if you plan to decorate your house in a modern style. The color of this class combines calm, severity, conciseness, saturation. Gray, blue, green, blue, and black may be part of gray, which to a certain extent alter saturation.
Concrete Stucco Colors
Gray is the link for any color, so you won’t regret it if you choose it.
Blue Stucco Color Samples
The blue color of the stucco symbolizes lightness, peace. In many cultures, heavenly color is considered sacred and divine, so it can be found in church architecture.
To the facade of the house looked balanced, you can completely restrict one blue color. On its own, it looks full and does not require the addition of brighter colors. The exception is white and all its shades, since these two directions complement each other.
Pale cornflower blue, as well as “Niagara” and gray are very popular in the coloring of decorative stucco . This tone looks calm, rich, at the same time does not require clarification of secondary colors.
Traditional Stucco Colors
Facing the facade of the house with the participation of blue is popular, due to its conservatism, nobility, fullness. Prudence and sincerity emanate from this color, therefore, in the exterior, such a palette acquires an aesthetically appealing meaning. Blue is best combined with white, gray, red, so the facade can be painted in several palettes.
This color category has a rich variety. The most prominent “representatives” are:
- Sea wave and azure – water theme is actively used in the style of facades.
- Sapphire and ultramarine – a combination of blue and violet.
- Denim – balanced blue and blue.
It should be noted that the category of blue shades also includes all the basic shades of blue. Therefore, for a broader vision, you should rely on this color map, which gives more freedom of choice.
WHITE STUCCO HOUSE TRIM COLORS
White facade decor – the choice in the direction of conciseness, minimalism, light and openness. This is by right the most versatile color that can be applied in the exterior style.
The palette of white is not as neutral as it seems at first glance. Snow-white smoothly turns into white-purple, cloudy, white-blue, marshmallow, vanilla, as well as the color of ice and other rare shades.
Best Color for Stucco House
The white facade harmoniously looks with all dark and bright shades, making them more neutral and balanced. From the point of view of the combination of the facade and the roof on the roof, white visually creates freedom and a sense of space.
Almost all stylistic directions can be found stucco white. This image will give brightness, attractiveness in combination with the environment.
DARK STUCCO COLOR
Exterior house in dark colors is a universal solution if you do not plan to experiment with color or use too light shades. For example, brown looks great with a roof of red, blue, white, black. It is also the case with other darker palettes. Each individual color has its own dark tones, which in almost 100% of cases look well against the background of the building. All because calm and rich shades visually attract the eye and give a sense of calm.
Brown Stucco Colors
Brown color is associated with home comfort, warmth, nobility and stability. For this reason, many owners subconsciously choose brown as the basis of the future facade. In modern times, a wide variety of brown palettes are available for sale:
- Green brown The presence of a greenish tint allows you to apply color in those directions where classic brown is not appropriate. For example, eco style and classic.
- Clay brown. Subdivision of land shades that look very natural and competently combined with the natural landscape.
- Walnut. The classic format that can be found in the style of country houses.
- Copper-brown – more saturated color, than nut. Differs in the presence of a reddish tint.
- Red brown. A rich noble shade is an alternative to the fashionable color of Marsala.
- Chocolate – an attractive color, which is often associated with coffee.
- Cinnamon is the purest shade of brown, which is the benchmark.
- Chestnut – black-brown shade has a high saturation.
Light Tan Exterior House Color
Painting stucco in coffee has several advantages:
- A great alternative between brown and light shade. Coffee is available in light and dark shades, which were created on the basis of a coffee drink and its recipes. For example, coffee with the addition of milk gets a creamy-chocolate shade, and pure black coffee becomes dark brown.
- The facade of this format looks very self-sufficient and status. The shades of wood fill the design of the house with solidity, comfort, security.
- A win-win solution in combination with the roof of all brown and dark shades.
Dark Red Exterior Stucco Color Combinations
Do you like the color red, but do not want to arrange the facade in a more restrained design? Then you should pay attention to the dark red palette.
For true connoisseurs, designers recommend to pay attention to the following shades:
- Bosa Nova. The most soothing shade, close to brown. Notes woody inspire a sense of stability and privacy, which is important for both the interior and exterior of the house.
- Red-hot Lava – bright, ardent, hot. The name speaks for itself. The facade in this style is popular in Scandinavia.
- Pompeian – it is often compared to cherry. It looks very juicy and attractive.
- Chilli. Rich cherry shade that will highlight the facade of the house against the background of the surrounding space.
- Red tango. Passionate, romantic, confident – these words can describe the color of tango, which originates from Spain.
- Rumba or Marsala. Noble, moderate, calm color, remotely close to purple.
Green Stucco Colors
Decorating the facade of the house in a dark green color is mainly found in the direction of the loft, minimalism, Scandinavian style. Someone would consider such a choice a gloomy, inexpressive one, but true connoisseurs know that this is a choice towards calmness, solitude with nature and well-being.
All directions in the direction of coniferous, deciduous, sea are actively used in the design of the facades of country cottages, as well as houses in residential areas. Often the stucco in these colors is combined with stonework or wood paneling.
Therefore, the choice in the direction of dark green allows you to select several technologies in the design of the design.
Terracotta Stucco Homes Colors
Terracotta is distinguished by a variety of shades – brick, orange, reddish, pale. This color combines notes of brown, orange, red. Versatility makes it popular in architecture. The terracotta is particularly stylishly combined with a dark roof or dark window frames, an entrance door.
This color harmoniously looks together with a stone laying of dark and light shades, and also wooden panels or a siding.
STUCCO PAINT COLOR COMBINATIONS, MIX AND SCHEMES
The color of the stucco can be presented simultaneously in two variations, so it is important to know the combination of each individual color. For your convenience, the circle provided a combination of colors used by professional designers in the interior and exterior of the house. As you can see the combination of two colors is possible in the following versions:
- One spectrum – for example, blue with blue, green with light green, red with orange.
- Parallel – green and purple, orange and blue, red and green.
Guided by this technique, you can quickly combine the selected shade and find a suitable option.
Two Tone Stucco and Trim Color Combinations – Schemes
Painting can be carried out by applying the two colors to form a halftone. For example, to create a purple may require a purple base, which is adjusted on a white or gray shade.
Stucco Exterior Paint Color Schemes
Before applying shades on the wall should conduct an experiment. For this, a small section of the wall is allocated, on which daylight falls. The user carries out coloring and looks, how to lay down paint, what shade as a result turns out. Thus, it is possible to avoid possible errors and achieve the best expected result.
Stucco and Roof Color Combinations
According to experts, the best combination is guaranteed by those colors that contrast with each other, support a uniform color scheme. You should not choose two bright or two extremely soothing shades.
Paint Colors for Stucco Homes
For example, white does not look light green, purple with red, black with blue. It should be emphasized with the formula: light + bright, dark + light, dark + dark, but from the same color category.
Exterior Paint Color Schemes for Stucco Homes
The bark beetle stucco has several advantages:
- Stylish texture that emphasizes the selected color and allows you to combine two shades.
- UV protection, moisture, temperature.
- Damage resistance.
- Ease of installation work.
Different Colors of Stucco
In order for the bark beetle stucco to look harmoniously in two colors, different palettes should be selected: green + cream, blue + pastel, orange + gray, white + black.
How to Paint the Stucco in Two Colors
Painting is carried out using the following tools:
- Roller – creates a monolithic coloring with a uniform distribution of the material. This technology is suitable if you do not plan to create a blackout in the deep layers of stucco .
- Brushes – allow for fine detail work. Each individual area may have its own individual shade. For example, a combination of white and sand on textured stucco allows you to darken, brighten and blend in different areas.
The color of the stucco is an important component of any design project on which the overall status of the house depends. Today, you have access to a huge palette of shades: from nude to bright, from dark to bright in various manifestations. Initially, it is necessary to determine the type of stucco and the style of the house, since the subsequent choice of shade depends on these two indicators. Color determines the overall mood of the owner and his sense of taste. Experts recommend to turn out visual attention to the selection of colors. To do this, you should study the photo from the Internet and choose the design of the facade, which in your opinion will meet the requirements. Painting stucco – a creative process that combines practical and creative side.
- Best and Most Popular Stucco Paint Colors and Textures For Homes: Palette, Combinations and Photo Gallery
- Stucco Colors for Houses Exterior by Styles
- Exterior Color Combinations for Stucco Houses
- Best Exterior Paint Colors for Stucco – Color Chart
- BEIGE EXTERIOR STUCCO PAINT COLORS
- PASTEL EXTERIOR PAINT COLORS FOR STUCCO HOUSES
- WHITE STUCCO HOUSE TRIM COLORS
- DARK STUCCO COLOR
- STUCCO PAINT COLOR COMBINATIONS, MIX AND SCHEMES