The project of a one-story house with a garage is considered the optimal solution for life both within the city and beyond. Having your own car storage space is not a luxury, but a necessity in modern times.
The private territory of a one-story house may not be so big, but often this is enough to accommodate a barbecue area, a private garden, a mini-garden. In this article we will consider the main features of such a project and its advantages.
BEAUTIFUL ONE-STOREY HOUSES WITH A GARAGE: WHAT THEY ARE THE MAIN FEATURE
A one-story house is not only a saving of space, but also a practical approach to life. When we see beautiful one-story houses, almost all of them come with a garage, a private green area, as well as the presence of a porch, where you can equip a place to relax in the form of street chairs. A mandatory element is a fence that goes along the sides of the plot – the front of the house can be opened at the request of the owner.
ONE-STOREY HOUSE WITH GARAGE AND TERRACE: DESIGN PHOTO FROM INSIDE THE SITE
In the photo we can see a typical one-story house with a garage and a terrace. Its features are:
- The protruding roof and the presence of wooden columns that create shelter. This space is used as a recreation area, barbecue, etc.
- Panoramic glass doors to the street. A large number of windows visually expands the interior space of the rooms and fills them with natural light.
- The terrace is decorated with street tiles, which visually distinguishes part of the house from the main plot.
PROJECTS OF BEAUTIFUL ONE-STOREY HOUSES WITH GARAGE AND TERRACE: PHOTO ON A REAL EXAMPLE
Projects of beautiful one-story houses with a garage and a terrace have a common feature – the most economical use of the area. In the photo we can see that some rooms are not separated by walls, which creates additional space.
The garage room can serve as a warehouse and combine using a door with a common living space. The porch can play the role of a terrace or serve as a separate exit. In the backyard there may be a rear exit under the cover where the family can spend time or meet guests.
ONE-STOREY HOUSE WITH GARAGE AND ATTIC: DESIGN PHOTO IN ENGLISH STYLE
Attic is another advantage of a modern compact house. One-storey house with a garage and an attic allows you to rationally use the space at the request of the owner. The photo shows a house in the English classical style.
It is such projects that are popular due to their excellent heat and sound insulation, as well as laconic design. Access to the attic can be via stairs from the garage or living room. At the upper level, it is possible to equip a second bedroom, an office, as well as a place to store household items.
In the classic version, the project of a one-story house with a garage and an attic necessarily includes a fireplace, so it is important to take care of the presence of a chimney. The roof is mainly high and multi-level, due to which the ceilings in the room can reach 5 meters.
In rare cases, modern homes may have flat high-tech roofs. In the photo you can see that the house necessarily has spacious narrow window frames on both sides of the fireplace, as well as several windows on one wall. The presence of natural light is the main requirement that architects are working on.
Planning to build a 3-bedroom house with a garage? Such a project of a one-story house is ideal for a large family. Typically, such facilities are equipped with spacious garages for 2-3 cars. Inside is the main master bedroom, as well as two smaller ones for guests and children. One of the rooms is located separately from the rest. Such an architectural solution requires a private zone for each resident. Often, the bedroom goes through the living room, which is combined with the dining room and kitchen.
PROJECT OF A ONE-STOREY HOUSE WITH A GARAGE FOR 2 CARS: WHAT ITS ADVANTAGES
A one-story house project with a garage is also available for 2 cars. Its advantages are:
- The ability to store two cars at the same time indoors. Some houses have two separate garages, as shown in the photo.
- The presence of additional space for storage of household items, laundry and workshop.
- Exit to the common house with a door, which does not require access to the street after entry.
BEST PROJECTS OF ONE-STOREY BRICK HOUSES WITH GARAGE: PHOTO OF THE FACADE
According to most, the best houses in terms of heat and sound insulation are made of brick. And this is not an erroneous statement! Projects of one-story brick houses with a garage are characterized by high strength and resistance to adverse weather conditions.
The photo shows an object with embossed brickwork of pastel color, which perfectly harmonizes with the dark roof tiles. The facade must be necessarily a few tones lighter from the surface of the roof to create visual contrast.
One-story cottages with a garage – a good format for living in the countryside. They harmoniously fit into the framework of natural landscapes and do not violate the appearance of the surrounding space. The photo shows an Art Nouveau house, which is decorated with wooden siding.
The backyard is separated from the entrance to the garage with a contrasting shade of wood. The style is carefully complemented by shrubs. This project looks very concise, so it is preferred for life both within the city and beyond.
Considering buying or building a house with a garage and garden? Projects of one-story cottages should be equipped with:
- A fence that protects the green spaces from passers-by and pets.
- The entrance to the garden is made of masonry, on which you can walk freely.
- Most often, shrubs and trees are located in the backyard of the house, but exceptions are possible, as shown in this photo.
The project of a one-story house with a garage is no different in terms of layout from another format of real estate. A feature of the layout of one-story houses with a garage are:
- The combination of kitchen and dining areas. Often, to save space, a stone “island” is set in the center, which serves as a place for cutting, as well as meals.
- The adjoining arrangement of the bathroom and bedroom – the owners can enter both rooms through a single door.
- If there is a high roof, an attic or attic is provided.
PROJECTS ONE-STOREY HOUSES WITH A GARAGE UNDER ONE ROOF – PRINCIPLE OF CONSTRUCTION
Projects of one-story houses oblige to carry out the construction as compact as possible. Objects with a garage under one roof are popular in the real estate market due to the high speed in construction and excellent thermal insulation.
The location of the garage together with the common house allows you to compensate for heat loss, provide excellent sound insulation, as well as exclude access to the street after parking the car.
PROJECTS OF SINGLE-STOREY HOUSES WITH ERKER AND GARAGE: RECOMMENDATIONS OF DESIGNERS
Projects of one-story houses with a bay window and a garage are designed to create additional comfort due to the presence of a spacious window sill. Most often there is a reading place, which is equipped with soft seats with a panoramic window on the courtyard.
Designers recommend decorating a bay window in a single stylistic direction with the facade of the building. The bay window roof can be of a different shade with the roof of the house itself. The windows of the protruding part of the wall are decorated with light frames to create an accent.
The project of a one-story house with a garage is the best example of a practical approach to life. Houses of this level, despite their compactness, are provided for the life of an entire family with several private cars.
A variety of design solutions opens the space for the implementation of their own ideas in the design of the facade and interior of the house. The main advantage of such a house is a personal small plot and the ability to equip the backyard for a garden, vegetable garden and outdoor recreation.
- BEAUTIFUL ONE-STOREY HOUSES WITH A GARAGE: WHAT THEY ARE THE MAIN FEATURE
- ONE-STOREY HOUSE WITH GARAGE AND TERRACE: DESIGN PHOTO FROM INSIDE THE SITE
- PROJECTS OF BEAUTIFUL ONE-STOREY HOUSES WITH GARAGE AND TERRACE: PHOTO ON A REAL EXAMPLE
- ONE-STOREY HOUSE WITH GARAGE AND ATTIC: DESIGN PHOTO IN ENGLISH STYLE
- PROJECT OF A ONE-STOREY HOUSE WITH A GARAGE FOR 2 CARS: WHAT ITS ADVANTAGES
- BEST PROJECTS OF ONE-STOREY BRICK HOUSES WITH GARAGE: PHOTO OF THE FACADE
- PROJECTS ONE-STOREY HOUSES WITH A GARAGE UNDER ONE ROOF – PRINCIPLE OF CONSTRUCTION
- PROJECTS OF SINGLE-STOREY HOUSES WITH ERKER AND GARAGE: RECOMMENDATIONS OF DESIGNERS